Offshore Voluntary Disclosures
We Can Help you with the IRS Offshore Amnesty Program!
On January 9, 2012, the IRS introduced the reopening of its Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program for Undisclosed Offshore Accounts. The basic terms of the program are listed below:
- A 27.5 percent penalty on the taxpayers’ undisclosed offshore accounts with the highest aggregate account balance over an eight-year period.
- Participants must pay back taxes and interest for up to eight years as well as accuracy related and/or delinquency penalties.
- Participants must file all original and amended tax returns and include payments for taxes, interest and accuracy related penalties.
Thorn Law Group is in the process of representing numerous individuals, companies, trusts and other professionals in regard to their voluntary disclosure of previously undisclosed offshore accounts. Learn more about New Jersey offshore voluntary disclosure by calling our office.
Banks Being Investigated:
- CREDIT SUISSE
- JULIUS BAER
- DEUTSCHE BANK
- BANK HAPOALIM
- BANK LEUMI
- BASLER KANTONALBANK
- NEUE ZUERCHER BANK
- ZUERCHER KANTONALBANK
- LIECHTENSTEINISCHE LANDESBANK
- MIZRAHI-TEFAHOT BANK
The Attorneys at the Thorn Law Group not only represent clients in voluntary disclosures, but we also represent individual taxpayers, entities and professionals:
- Under criminal investigation by the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Justice.
- That have received Information Document Requests (IDRs) regarding their foreign bank accounts and/or interest in foreign assets.
- Which are currently under audit by the Internal Revenue Service and/or are being investigated by the Criminal Investigation Division (CI) of the Internal Revenue Service.
- That are in the process of filing their Foreign Bank Account Reporting(FBAR) forms or other Information Reporting Forms.
For the most up-to-date information on voluntary disclosures, offshore accounts, IRS audits and criminal investigations, please visit:
To set up an appointment concerning the Internal Revenue Service, government investigations, offshore accounts or voluntary disclosures, please contact Kevin E. Thorn, Managing Partner of the Thorn Law Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 201-355-8202